FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: [email protected]
Thousands Attend Organizing Events Urging Sanders to Run in 2020
DENVER, Colo. (January 14, 2019)—Thousands of excited voters came together for a nationwide event Saturday urging Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) to run for President in 2020. Attendees of the over 400 house parties tuned in to a livestream to hear from key movement activists on why they support Sen. Sanders The event was organized by Organizing for Bernie, in partnership with The People for Bernie Sanders, and was co-sponsored by Our Revolution and Progressive Democrats of America.
The livestream has been viewed over 140,000 times, and featured former surrogates, staff members, and supporters of Sen. Sanders, including:
- Sen. Nina Turner, President of Our Revolution
- RoseAnn DeMoro, former Executive Director of National Nurses United and of the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee
- Cori Bush, former congressional candidate for Missouri’s 1st Congressional District
- Kat Brezler, The People for Bernie Sanders Digital Director
- Roy Tatem, former Deputy Director of African American Outreach, Bernie 2016
- Sheila Healy, former Field Director, Bernie for Senate 2018
- Belen Sisa, Board Member of Progressive Democrats of America
“We are better and stronger when we come together for causes that are bigger and greater than ourselves,” said Sen. Nina Turner, adding “that is what this Run Bernie Run effort is all about.”
When discussing why she’s asking Senator Sanders to run in 2020, RoseAnn Demoro said “he’s giving his life, if he does this, to change this country and to change the world.”
Following the livestream, attendees of the over 400 house parties, which occured in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and four other countries, discussed how they can begin to build a campaign-in-waiting for Senator Sanders. Organizing for Bernie encourages all of its supporters to sign the petition asking Senator Sanders to run, and plans to host a local organizing event for a national weekend of action on January 26 and 27.
Organizing for Bernie is a people-powered political action committee that is organizing a campaign-in-waiting for Senator Bernie Sanders to run for president in 2020.